- 2-1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree, thawed winter squash puree, butternut squash puree, unsweetened apple sauce, or mashed very ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider)
- Optional Flavorings: 1 teaspoon extract (e.g., vanilla, almond), citrus zest, dried herbs (e.g., basil, dill), or spice (e.g., cinnamon, cumin)
- Optional Stir-Ins: 1 cup fresh fruit (e.g., blueberries, diced apple) or ½ cup dried fruit/cacao nibs/chopped nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 10 cups in a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, baking soda and salt (whisk in any dried spices or herbs at this point, if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, honey, oil and vinegar (add any extracts or zest at this point, if using).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until blended. Fold in any optional stir-ins, if using.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes until set at the centers and golden brown at the edges. Move the tin to a cooling rack and let muffins cool in the tin 30 minutes. Remove muffins from tin.