- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line a baking tray.
- Wrap the sweet potato in aluminium foil, prick with a fork and bake in the oven for 45 mins or until soft.
- Once cooked, chop the sweet potato into pieces.
- In a high powdered blender or food processor, process the pitted dates, then add in the sweet potato, nut butter, cacao, maple syrup, salt and process until you have a smooth and thick consistency.
- Add the cacao nibs and use a spoon to mix through if you want a crunchy brownie, or process again.
- Using a spatula place sweet potato mix into a small cake tin or baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting. Once cooled, slice into pieces and store in the fridge or freezer. These are better when served cool.
Adapted from :http://bit.ly/2bnJ551