- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds about 1/3 – 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of dried turmeric
- ½ tsp each (optional): onion or garlic powder, basil, oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Use 1 teaspoon coconut oil to grease a medium skillet or oven-safe frying pan, then line the pan with the sliced sweet potatoes – and place in the warmed oven for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato pan is cooking, heat a separate pan over medium heat, and add the remaining oil followed by the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Next, add the spinach to the onion pan and sauté until wilted (about 2 minutes), then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 5 eggs and 2 egg whites, coconut milk plus salt and pepper, herbs and spices, then whisk together until well mixed.
- Once 20 minutes is up, remove the sweet potato pan from the oven and layer the sautéed onions and spinach on top of the sweet potatoes, and finally pour over the egg mixture into the pan.
- Place the pan back in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Adapted from :http://bit.ly/2kvingl