- 2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa or coconut for rolling
- In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly. Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place in the freezer to set for at least an hour before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life. (I prefer them frozen, myself!)
- For a gourmet-looking truffle, you could also roll them in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling