- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1½ cups tapioca starch plus ¼ cup for dusting
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 quarts of water
- olive oil for drizzling onto cooked pasta (about 2 teaspoons)
- Place water and coconut oil in a large pot. Turn heat on med-high heat and bring to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add eggs. Whisk eggs with a fork and slowly incorporate flour. Roll dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle a large cutting board with a tablespoon of tapioca flour. Knead dough on floured surface for 5 minutes. If dough is too wet, add a bit of tapioca flour. The dough should not stick to your hands and has the texture of play dough.
- Separate dough into 4 equal sized balls, place 3 balls in a bowl and cover with a dry towel or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
- Sprinkle tapioca flour onto your surface and place a ball of dough on top. Sprinkle ball with more tapioca flour. Using a wooden rolling pin, roll your ball of pasta out to the size of a 3 inch disk. Flip the pasta and sprinkle with more tapioca flour. If it sticks to your rolling pin, sprinkle with more tapioca flour. Continue to roll, flour and flip. Repeat this step until your pasta is ⅛ inch thick or less. You will now have a large irregular sized square. Using a pizza cutter, cut uneven edges off of pasta and set aside. Cut pasta into ¼ inch strips this dough also can be cut in a pasta maker if you have one. Set aside on a large plate.
- Repeat step 4 with other 3 balls of pasta.
- Gently pick up a quarter of the pasta and add to pot of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes. Gently remove pasta with a pasta claw and place into a stainless steel colander. Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss.
- Repeat step 9 with remaining pasta.
- Serve hot with your favorite meat sauce or however you like it!