- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large celery stocks, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tbsp. parsley to garnish, optional
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat olive oil and add chopped onion, and celery. Cook for four minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Next, add garlic cloves and saute another minute.
- Stir in diced sweet potatoes, dried thyme leaves and salt. Pour in chicken broth, partially cover and simmer 20 min or until sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender or regular blender, puree soup until smooth. Pour soup back into pot (if using blender) and add coconut milk. Stir to combine. Season to taste. Distribute soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.