4 boneless, pork chops – ~1 inch thick
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced onion
1 to 2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 to 1 c water
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix together black pepper, salt, garlic & onion . Rub evenly all over each pork chop.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over med-high heat. Lay pork chops on pan and allow to sear for 2 minutes without moving them. Flip the pork chops over and allow to sear for 1 minute longer.
4. Remove pork chops and place in an oven safe baking dish.
5. Pour in the water. You will want the water to come about 1/3 the way up the pork chop.
6. Cover baking dish tightly.
7. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I would not check until at least an 1 1/2 hours have past. You will let out all the steam that is keeping the chops moist.
8. The juices in the baking dish make a wonderful gravy.