1lb. beef cubes for stewing
1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 carrots, diced
6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
6 oz. spinach, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
14 oz. diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried oregano
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Warm up a skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Brown the beef cubes in the skillet for about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the spinach and the mushrooms, to the slow cooker.
- Give everything a good stir, set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours.
Add in the mushrooms 30 minutes before the stew is done.
- Add the spinach just before serving.