- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- oil for frying
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Add coconut aminos and tapioca starch to your chicken in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating add the lemon juice, maple syrup, water, tapioca starch and lemon zest to a small bowl and mix.
- Add the almond flour and tapioca starch to the bowl of chicken and toss to coat.
- In a pot with oil about three inches deep, heat on medium high to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken in batches so you don’t crowd the pot or the chicken will stick together and it will lower the temperature significantly causing your chicken to be oily.
- Cook chicken until golden brown and when cooked transfer the pieces to a skillet (this is where we will be tossing with the sauce).
- When you finish all the chicken, turn off the oil, turn on the skillet onto medium high heat and add the sauce.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the sauce and cook for just a few seconds until thickened